Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > games/activities/ideas to teach intermediate to advance students    

games/activities/ideas to teach intermediate to advance students

pao-m-g
Costa Rica

games/activities/ideas to teach intermediate to advance students

hi everyone!Thumbs Up  im an English teacher for elementary school but right now im working for an international volunnteering organization and im teaching Spanish to teenagers mostly from the USA but also from Australia/Greece/Taiwan...

PLEASE i need help because most of them are very basic or know nothing about the language and yet there are others who know a lot.

What im asking you is any piece of advice about games/activities/ideas to teach the intermediate to advanced students and/or the same for very basic sts..

i want to make them practice! speak!

Thanks a lot for your help Big smile
Pura Vida from Costa Rica
Paola.Cool

25 Jun 2014      

redcamarocruiser
United States

Have you tried PhilipR �s conversation worksheets?

25 Jun 2014     

sperkowski
United States

With my mixed level classes I love story sequencing and story puzzle activites.  I choose a series of pictures that go with the vocab I �ve been teaching.  Then I give my advanced students a list of words they should use to write captions for the story.  I give my intermediate students mixed up sentences to unscramble and write as captions.  The lowest students get prewritten captions that they have to match to the pictures and then copy.  This keeps them all busy with the same vocab but allows them to focus on different tasks.

25 Jun 2014     

Mariya-ye
Russian Federation

Hello! My students like playing the games " Taboo", " Mafia" very much!

26 Jun 2014