Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Wanted: "Facebook" or "Email" Pals partner    

Wanted: "Facebook" or "Email" Pals partner

sassy_myers
Philippines

Wanted: "Facebook" or "Email" Pals partner

Good day!

I am currently handling a Grade 8 class composed of 30 students (aged 13-14) who are all hesitant to speak English.  I anyone willing to work with me so that our class can exchange correspondence so they can practice their English?

This is the first time that I will do this and my class is really excited about it.  I also need help on how to go about it.  Do we provide the topics for their correspondence or do we give them free reign?

Thank you so much. 

27 Jun 2014      

ELOJOLIE274
France

i don �t know what class I will teach next year otherwise I would have volunteered my pupils!

BTW, finding friends for your pupils on facebook isn �t a good idea - you need to be able to monitor what they �re writing, to who etc... when you deal with teens you have to be careful. the first time I did this this is how I proceeded: I asked my pupils to write their letters - they decorated them like kids, it was ADORABLE - then I collected all the letters and I sent them, then I received the replies and I handed them out to my pupils. It was the only way to make sure the 1st exchange was "safe" - then I informed the parents that if their child wanted to send more letters/emails s/he could do it but I wouldn �t monitor the next letters.

Take care!

27 Jun 2014