Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > 3 levels of teaching English    

3 levels of teaching English

ahmedsheze
Pakistan

3 levels of teaching English

Hi everyone.Again I need your help regarding levels of English grammar i.e beginner,Intermediate and Advance level.I want know what to teach in all these 3 levels...Thanks

11 Jul 2014      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Here is a list of grammar points which correspond to the levels of English according to the Common European Framework.

11 Jul 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you, Sophia. This link is really useful - wish I �d known about this a long time ago!

Edit: I would like to share the top end of this (B2/C1) with our staff, but they won�t know the names of the tenses/structures. Does anyone know of this list, plus an example of each structure? If not, I will do one - but I�m asking first!!! You never know!

Lynne 

12 Jul 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Lynne, it �s actually all there as the list is interactive. Click any grammar point and it �ll take you to a quiz and under each question there is a "show explanations" button which opens the rules and examples of use and what not.

12 Jul 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

you can teach the same thing but with different expectations

for example:
my 1st lesson plan of the school year will be around classroom english - it will be a role play, one pupil being the teacher, one pupil being a new student (he will have to introduce himself) and the other 2 pupils being "normal students" (they will have to  introduce themselves to the new student and then do what the teacher asks).

with my beginner pupils (A1 towards A2) i will teach: making orders, giving instructions (Don �t chat, open your books etc...), asking questions (what �s your name? do you have a pen? can I close the windows), being polite (please, thank you...), using can to ask permission (can I take a dictionary? can you repeat?), introducing themselves (my name is, i �m ... years old, i �m from...)

with my intermediate pupils (A2 towards B1) i will teach the same things but with more structures: asking permission (do you mind if...? could I...? ), introduction (i moved here because...) + justifying (I don �t have my notebook: i �ve left it at home. i �ve forgotten my book in my locker: could i go and get it?

and during the evaluation i will have different expectations: the intermediate pupils will need to ask more questions, perform more actions (= listen to the instructions of the "teacher" and do what they are asked), etc...

do you see what I mean?

12 Jul 2014     

miss-o
Portugal

http://busyteacher.org/8984-simple-present-tense-vs-present-progressive.html

12 Jul 2014