Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Good site for Word of the Day contest    

Good site for Word of the Day contest

MoodyMoody
United States

Good site for Word of the Day contest

I �m all in favor of Lynne �s trying to  push the spammer off the page, so here �s my contribution. I love outlandish words anyway, and this is one of my favorite sites to get inspiration for Word of the Day when I �m so lucky as to get to choose a new word.

To those of you who think that Word of the Day is a waste of time: remember that this also makes an excellent classroom activity! It �s especially useful when you are teaching about word roots. Here �s a good site for those. If your class is a lower level, try giving the real definition and two fake definitions. (I hereby give permission for anyone here to use any of my fake definitions for any reason!)

16 Jul 2014