Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Holidays    

Holidays

Peter Hardy
Australia

Holidays

The word holiday comes from the Old English word hāligd�g (hālig "holy" + d�g "day").  (In fact, it �s from the dutch word �Heilig � but Wikipeadia doesn �t know it all.) The word originally referred only to special religious days. In modern use, it means any special day of rest or relaxation, as opposed to normal days away from work or school. So far Wiki �s explanation.  So my question, dear friends, what could be possibly meant by a �normal � day away from work for us teachers? (and the spammer is gone by now??) Cheers, Peter

16 Jul 2014      

carinita
Argentina

A normal day away from work to me is reading (almost) non-stop ( I mean reading for pleasure)...watching series before falling asleep...because during school time I �m too tired at night so as to focus on storylines. 

16 Jul 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

For gorgeous ginger felines like that beauty and any other beautiful pussy cats (that �s them all), every day is a holiday. And who would begrudge them that? 

17 Jul 2014