Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD Winner July 14-18, 2014    

WOD Winner July 14-18, 2014

douglas
United States

WOD Winner July 14-18, 2014

Well it �s Friday (weekend!!), so I better announce a winner of the WOD.

First, the real definition (wiki):

Poutine (/pˈtn/; French: [putin], Quebec French:[put͡sɪn] ( )) is a common Canadian dish, originating in Quebec, made with french fries, topped with a light brown gravy-like sauce and cheese curds.

As you can now see it is NOT a misspelling of the Russian President �s name and though it may be a poutine (perrenial habit) for some to eat, the fact that it looks as if it came out of a "pooh tine" or could be something Pocahontas may have eaten could make one become a pout-ine and sulk until recharged by a fuzzy kitten �s poutine (purr-routine).  But, in the end, I can imagine that a little bit of all of this may be wrapped-up in Elderberry �s Mother-in-law--so The winner is Elderberry!

Congrats,
Douglas

18 Jul 2014      

manonski (f)
Canada

And I come from the land of poutine!   Looks somewhat disgusting but so delicious.

18 Jul 2014     

Denis M.
Russian Federation

And I come from the land of Putin!) I don�t feel strongly about politics. Just pun intended)

18 Jul 2014     

Denis M.
Russian Federation

The dish itself looks tasty. Would like to try it one day.)

18 Jul 2014     

elderberrywine
Germany

thank you Douglas for choosing my definition. I will come up with a new word tomorrow! 

18 Jul 2014     

manonski (f)
Canada

@ Denis, loved your pun. Maybe, one day, we �ll see Putin eating poutine.

18 Jul 2014     

Denis M.
Russian Federation

SmileWink

20 Jul 2014