Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Yorkshire Day    

Yorkshire Day

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yorkshire Day

Today is Yorkshire Day! Yorkshire is God �s own county (according to Yorkshire folk, but they are not wrong. Well, maybe Tuscany could give us a run for our money...). It is England �s biggest county, divided into 3 parts (ridings). It is the land of the White Rose. In Yorkshire, we have a reputation for being friendly, down-to-earth, honest, telling it like it is, oh, and being thrifty. I �m the opposite, I insist on paying for everybody, which is why my husband hates me Wink. We eat Pomfrett cakes, Yorkshire puddings, of course (!) and we love a cup of Yorkshire tea and a pint of real ale. Should have done a worksheet... I �ve missed a trick there!

1 Aug 2014      

chuppacricri
France

I worked a long time ago as a French assistant in York, one of the most beautiful town ever.

1 Aug 2014     

AACG
Argentina

Happy Day! I had the opportunity to visit York in 1996. Lovely city!

2 Aug 2014