Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > No more politics in the forum please    

No more politics in the forum please

Mariethe House
France

I would like to submit a poem recently written by my grandaughter:(7 and 1/2 years old)

Sadness

I can see the cloud crying and I can see the sun crying too
They have been crying for centuries.
The sun was heartbroken to be far away from the cloud
And the cloud was heart broken to be far away from the sun
But one day they learned they could meet in the rainbow

And since then, they have been smiling again.

May all the children meet over the rainbow of peace. Hug

Marieth�

2 Aug 2014     

aicha77
Tunisia

I totally agree

2 Aug 2014     

GAZA_CHILD
Palestine

HI dear  VICTOR
Sorry to say this but you were totally wrong when you you removed the poem about GAZA.
First,the poem is about one aspect of human condition,mainly suffering and grief.
Second,the poem doesn �t discuss any political issues.
Third,there is no direct reference to any country with name.It is only about hard times in GAZA.
Finally,could you please be more neutral when dealing with such matters?
If you think the poem is about politics,just have a look at this worksheet.

http://www.eslprintables.com/reading_worksheets/history/the_holocaust/The_Holocaust_224638/#this

In what way does this worksheet contribute to English learning?
Where are the related activities to the text?
The worksheet is only exposing the suffering of jewish people in WW II. 
THE POEM ABOUT GAZA IS ONLY EXPOSING THE SUFFERING OF CIVILIAN PEOPLE IN GAZA DURING ATTACKS FROM THEIR ENEMMY.

PEACEFUL REGARDS

2 Aug 2014     

Jayho
Australia

I checked out that printable and it is actually a copy.  I have reported it as such.

This is  timely reminder that if members feel that something is not an ESL resource, then they can report it as such (as long as it was published post Feb2010 when the new rules came into force)

Cheers

Jayho

2 Aug 2014     

valodra
France

But the killings have to stop - whatever your "political" attitude. Who are you - teachers - to think everything is fine & neat ??? I agree : this forum is NOT for political views,...but : posting a poem about Gaza children - who DIE...- is NOT political : it �s only human. May God bless these people - our soul mates.

3 Aug 2014     

valodra
France

To UESLteacher, I �m sorry you have deleted your message - it was not rude - at least to me.... And you were right about one thing : this site should be kept free from political views & discussions. I �m sorry you thought I was starting a controversial discussion : I wasn �t. Maybe it was not the right thing to do. Never mind; speaking with one another IS a good thing to do.... ;-)

5 Aug 2014     

< Previous   1    2