Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > new word of the day    

new word of the day

MarionG
Netherlands

new word of the day

Thank you Douglas for choosing my definitionBig smile/

I offer you a new word to define. Please let your associations flow freely with this one. I would be more than happy to see new people try the game so for all of you unfamiliar with the rules: The idea is to give a nonsensical definition. It can be silly, funny, wise, anything, just not the real definition!

So here is the new word:

TARADIDDLE
   (alternative spelling: tarradiddle)

Have fun! I �ll choose a winner as soon as we �ve got a nice selection of definitions.

1 Sep 2014      

douglas
United States

Sounds like something Rhett and Scarlet would do behind closed doors.  ShockedEmbarrassed

1 Sep 2014     

Jayho
Australia

Douglas - love it!! LOL

1 Sep 2014     

kingfant72
Japan

Tara, or T-ara, is an all-girl Kpop group. The word "diddle" means to cheat or swindle. The word taradiddle was coined when the group was exposed as a bunch of lip-synching middle-aged cross-dressers.

1 Sep 2014     

florimago
Spain

It sounds to me a different version of " Happy " by Pharrell Williams . You sing Taradiddle , taradiddle ... why not if you �re happy ???

2 Sep 2014     

Picaor
Spain

To announce something in a show. E.g:

"Now you have to taradiddle the new comedian"

2 Sep 2014     

maryse pey�
France

You might look for a TAR-and-Feather plot in a western-play with A DIDDLE puppet as the bad cow-boy ?

2 Sep 2014     

amani ali
Saudi Arabia

4 Sep 2014