Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > What is the best High school class book?    

What is the best High school class book?

ugurhocak
Turkey

What is the best High school class book?

What is the best High school interactive class book? Cambridge, Oxford, Longman...?

1 Sep 2014      

[email protected]
Thailand

My staff and I looked at the selection available on the market last May. We then opted for �Interactive � by Cambridge. It has four levels and we have found our students (aged 12-18) have found it engaging. It �s quite expensive but each book comes with a code that students can log on to Interactive website for two years. Teacher �s Book has access for five years. It has an interesting �graphic novel � which is quite thought provoking. It also has a comic builder facility on the website which Thai students have really enjoyed playing with. So....there �s nothing �in it � for me to credit one book over another but we are quite pleased sixteen months on since we adopted it as our �core � textbook.

1 Sep 2014     

ugurhocak
Turkey

Thank you very much. It is interesting that I saw and liked the same book a couple of days ago but as you mentioned it is quite expensive, which makes it impossible for me to offer my students whose parents are usually against paying such amounts for the books coming from other countries while our government supplies the students free books written and published by a board belonging to the ministry of education. DO you have any cheaper option:)

9 Sep 2014