Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > FLAGS AND COUNTRIES    

FLAGS AND COUNTRIES

Tere Sastre
Uruguay

FLAGS AND COUNTRIES

I �m new here but I �ve been looking at different things. Wouldn �t it be nice if the name of the country appears next to the flag? Some flags are easily recognizable but others aren �t.  I bet mine isn �t because I �m from a very small country. Thanks in advance.

Thanks to all your answers.  It doesn´t work if I hover but it does if I right click and open a new window. Thanks again.

21 Sep 2014      

Jayho
Australia

Welcome!

In IE, if you hover your mouse over a flag you will see the country name.  I can see that you are from Uruguay. I have been to your beautiful country!

Cheers

Jayho

21 Sep 2014     

glutenfree
Poland

What does IE mean?

21 Sep 2014     

jannabanna
France

IE means Internet Explorer (the name of the navigator).  I use Chrome and you can �t see the name of the country by hovering the mouse over the flag, so I agree with Tere.

21 Sep 2014     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

If you use right click and choose "Open the image in a new window" you can see the name of the country.Smile

21 Sep 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It worked, martinasvabova, thank you! That �s a great facility. 

21 Sep 2014     

ellakass
Israel

I use Firefox and can �t see the name of the country. And right click has no such option as you said...

21 Sep 2014     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

I use IE but can �t see the name of the country.

21 Sep 2014     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Right click then Properties and it shows up next to Address(URL).

21 Sep 2014     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Thanks Pinky. My latest version of Internet Explorer (IE) didn �t show the name either, while the older version at work does. Similar with the emoticons. The old version of IE shows them above this box, but the latest version (at home) doesn �t.  Isn �t progress a beautiful thing at times Confused  Cheers, Peter

21 Sep 2014     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Right click and save as also gives you the country name, at least in my Mac.  ;-)

22 Sep 2014     

1    2    Next >