Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help needed    

help needed

dojevice
Serbia

help needed

Hi i need some ideas for a lesson plan about describing places...i need ideas for group work..thank you

13 Oct 2014      

rhermann
United States

You can do a guessing game. Have each student describe a famous landmark/city/type of business, etc., and the other students have to guess what it is. We did this to practice the passive voice the other day. They had to describe a famous landmark using the passive. Ex.: "They were made for kings after they died. They are found in Egypt. They were built a long time ago. A lot of innovation was used to make them."

13 Oct 2014     

Sharwong
Canada

This is a good lesson for upper  intermediate and advanced adult students. It would be a project that takes several days.
Teach stative and dynamic passives and incorporate  vocabulary related to architecture.
Also as the date of the project nears review how to do an informative oral presentation using power point.
Have a list of the famous places in your city.  In pairs, have your students pick a famous place,  research the place, and go out to take photos, visit the place and or  collect brochures.  Then they prepare  an oral presentation (be careful of cut and paste) for the class with a question and answer period afterwards.

Good luck!

13 Oct 2014     

FrauSue
France

With a group of beginners, we practised "there is a(n)" "there are" "there isn �t a(n)" and "there aren �t any" then I gave them a set of 6 pictures of different villages and in small groups they had to guess the picture by asking "Is there ...?" or "Are there ...?" It was simple but effective.

14 Oct 2014