Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Circle Time Games    

Circle Time Games

Pinky Makus
Canada

Circle Time Games

Do you know a site that has games that work best during Circle Time, when about 20 kids are sitting in a circle?  I like games where everyone can work together or at least each have a turn. 

Any ideas?  Upcoming topics include Parts of the Body, Insects, Planets etc.

(ages 3 -6)

Pinky

16 Feb 2009      

MissMelissa12
Peru

Hi Pinky,

Well I know a few I have ever worked with :

1. Students are in circle sitting giving their backs to the other, so students draw on the back of the student in front ( for example a part of the body, the name of something) and the student has to guess the word/picture/letter, etc is being written/drawn.

2. Students say a sentence, name  vocabulary, make a question, etc after doing so, pass the ball to the next student to continue. You can vary this by playing some music at the background so when the music stops, the person who has the ball will lose and get separated from the circle, they can become the person who stops the music too, etc. Another thing you can do is to use a balloom with some ´picapica´ (confetti) so if they have it when the music is stopped. They will have to pop it (when the ´picapica´ is flying around will be so much fun. It �ll demand you to stay a lilttle longer in class to help clean a little bit though, or you can ask your students to help you a little.

3. Students are named a certain name of a planet ( or the vocabulary you need to work on) so when you say : Im travelling to MARS, for example, all the planets Mars ( the students given that name) will change places, and while they do so, take out a chair, so one stays with no chair and will lose.

4.  You can make a chant with parts of the body and work it in circles, There is one I used and worked really well.

...etc, its too long to write more. I hope I helpt a little bit.

Miss Melissa. Hug

16 Feb 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Nice ideas Melissa!

16 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Try this site.

http://www.eslkidstuff.com/Classroomgamesframe.htm

16 Feb 2009