Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Big amount of worksheets    

Big amount of worksheets

pcordoba
Spain

Big amount of worksheets

I like this site very much and I want to share my activities but I have a doubt ... There are more than seventy thousand different worksheets. How can I check if mine are similar to the ones already saved? I want to send more but now I�m really worried just in case my worksheets may look like some previous ones.

Thank you all for sharing.

2 Oct 2008      

Logos
Malaysia

This is indeed a very real concern, as there has been a number of recent messages about members �copying� or �stealing� their presentations and with the extremely large number of worksheets that are now available, the chances of even more duplications is not just remote, it is possible.

The only thing I think I can suggest is that you think of the title of your worksheet and then do a search using your key words to see if anyone has done something similar.  For some topics - such as �adjectives� you may have a choice of over 1,000 worksheets.  How many you look at is up to you.

But I think the essence of this site is to have contributions that are personal and unique.  I know there are a large number of worksheets that are just scanned in pages, or just one simple diagram or picture;  but if you have taken time to prepare a worksheet - even though it may be very similar to others - and even though you may have used words or similar illustrations that others in different sheets have used, you should still upload it.

Indeed I am sure that many have seen the contributions of Frenchfrog and Icha and copied their style of presentations - because they look extremely good but I feel also sure that neither of them would begrudge their style being used by others.  Is there not a saying that �Imitation is the highest form of flattery�.

The condemnations raised on this site are for those who blatently copy others work without altering it and making it their own.  When you think about it also, even though there may be several thousand worksheets, and you create one from your own resources, the chances of there being an exactly identical worksheet is very very small.  Unless your worksheet is one or two words with one or two pictures.  Remember that out of the millions of pieces of snow that fall, no 2 snowflakes are ever the same.  And so I think it will be with original worksheets.

So get your creative juices flowing and compose with impunity.  We look forward to seeing your work soon.

2 Oct 2008     

johannadelaflor
Peru

I agree with you Logos,
we are suposed to teach a foreign language,
but our responsibility is also to race and help
educate people.
I think some don�t deserve to be called teachers.
I feel really sorry for those  who steal others job
just to get points.
We are a community and we are here to help each other
no to steal one from another.
I am really worried about my worksheets,
because I don�t have many of them, and I really need my points.
I hope these people could really start thinking about it!
Thanks

2 Oct 2008     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Each site has its own policy as determined by the admin. I think the policy of this site is comendable as it really gets teachers to start thinking and using their creativity to produce something new.

One point though and this  is only guesswork. I haven�t any points yet because I haven�t avtively used this site but many of the worksheets are realy colourful with lots of graphics. Are they really below 360 kb allowed. It somehow doesn�t seem possible.

22 Nov 2008     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Each site has its own policy as determined by the admin. I think the policy of this site is comendable as it really gets teachers to start thinking and using their creativity to produce something new.

One point though and this  is only guesswork. I haven�t any points yet because I haven�t avtively used this site but many of the worksheets are realy colourful with lots of graphics. Are they really below 360 kb allowed. It somehow doesn�t seem possible.

22 Nov 2008