Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Removed worksheets    

Removed worksheets

s.lefevre
Brazil

Removed worksheets

Nearly every day there is a post from members asking about their worksheets that have been removed. As the justification they get is always “not an ESL resource”, they never know the real reason the worksheet was removed. A long time ago, I asked Victor if he could give a space so that the moderators could say why they thought that the worksheet wasn’t an ESL resource, but I didn’t get an answer. I think the authors should know exactly why their worksheets were removed. It is not very useful to ask on the forum as the moderators can’t remember each worksheet they judge. I think it would be more effective if each author gets an e-mail with the real reason: no task, no audio file, just a list etc. What do you think?

14 Nov 2014      

Gi2gi
Georgia

As a "victim" , I completely agree with you on the need of such a field. And it would also be great if the user knows the nickname of the moderator responsible for the removal of the WS so that we are able to discuss with him/her the issue if we feel that our worksheet has been removed wrongly ... All we get is a message and then are offered an option to write to the administrator. I think the administrator should not be bothered with every individual case. And we have the right, I suppose, to know the exact reason of the deletion as well as the information of the moderator having done this. 

14 Nov 2014     

Apodo
Australia

I would agree with that.
I have had a worksheet removed and I still think the reason didn �t make sense- Not an ESL Resource. It has had multiple downloads on another site.
I have also acted as a moderator and I truly believe it is the most difficult of tasks. A place to write comments would be really useful because the person could be told exactly what they need to change to make their contribution suitable for adding to ESL Printables.

14 Nov 2014     

NinaRaven
Germany

I totally agree with you.
Once, I had a worksheet removed and yet I would have appreciated if anyone in charge had given me a single word about it, so that I would never make the same "mistake"again.
As teachers, we all explain our students where they have failed and how to improve their knowledge. Why on Earth can �t we, adults, do the same with one another?

14 Nov 2014     

ttuffl
Korea, South

Since I don �t know how this great place runs exactly, it might not be suitable so
I cautiously give my idea. I wonder what if there is the frozen system.
When someone thinks a worksheet has problem,
report that ws but instead of being deleted right away, it is frozen so no one can download it but
everyone can see what is the problem and discuss if needed.  
Like this forum has �this is spam � �not spam � section,and we can vote.  

14 Nov 2014     

s.lefevre
Brazil

ttuffl
This does already exist. The worksheet isn �t removed imediatly, but frozen until a lot of moderators decide it should be removed. Do they decide otherwise, the worksheet will appear again the next day. 

14 Nov 2014     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Lovely idea, Ttuffi. Wanting to learn from your mistakes, like Nina,�is even better.�But as Apodo�pointed out, being�a moderator is not easy. But, if it �s technically possible, the first suggestion of a small additional remark�wouldn�t take up much extra time. So the moderators wouldn�t mind, I suppose.� Writing Victor about every issue isn�t advisable either, as Gi2Gi so nicely stated. But their is another solution. Read and re-read the rules and instructions. Think about them, chew on them, and re-read them again. When you feel to be ready for a test an score at least an�A- you �re ready to upload. Well, that �s what we teach our students, isn�t it?� Don �t hand in sloppy work. Achieve your best and so on. But most of us are indeed worse. We don �t read the rules, want to�have�WS for tomorrow �s lesson, hand in sloppy work that achieve a minimal download, an we worry about our points.�So I agree with�Nina, that we need to�change what we can: Ourselves. Happy teaching starts with an even happier learning. Cheers.

�

14 Nov 2014     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Well,

actually Gi2Gi reported my ws in revenge. So I am deeply against his / her idea about letting members know who reported their wss. This behaviour makes me sick. :-(

Otherwise - the message for the "victims" should be probably more concrete.

Have a nice weekend everybody, 
Michaela

14 Nov 2014     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hello everybody!

I believe people whose ws or pts were reported should be entitled to know the reason. However, I do not agree that one should know who reported. WHY? That it will lead to endless arguments. I remember a long time (probably two years ago....not sure anymore) having reported a ws that didn �t follow the rules. Needless to say that the majority of moderators vote for its removal. To my surprise I was insulted with very harsh words on a PM. Of course, later one I realise who had blown the whistle..... From that moment on I stopped reporting ws, despite being a moderator officially.

So this is my personal opinion, and .....NO, I NO LONGER REPORT. Too old to listen to infatuated egos of people who do not read the rules.  

ascincoquinas. 

14 Nov 2014     

Gi2gi
Georgia

I am sure, that the one who loves to report, like MJ_Misa does, should have the courage to discuss the ws with the authors and not hide beyond the anonymity like he/she would prefer to. For goodness sake, pals, this is a teachers � community and not a KGB structure or sneaks � union.

14 Nov 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Some of the language on here is a bit strong. �We have the right to this and that... � You have the responsibility to study the rules as well, as Peter points out. And I �ve been on the receiving end of revenge voting and it is sickening. (Strong language from me now!) The moderators do the best job they can and to release their names would be a disaster. Who wants to risk abuse? I think all that needs doing is to clarify the particular category �not an esl resource �. I think there is a bit of disagreement about that. 
Beautiful kitten!
Lynne 

14 Nov 2014     

1    2    3    Next >