Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Worksheet size    

Worksheet size

spied-d-aignel
France

Worksheet size

Hi, just a little help from you computer nerds of this site, I am preparing things about the weather, I have  made a pictionary and the size of the doc with the pictures is Ok (880 ko), but  I have made a multiple choice activity and a matching activity  and for both, the size  of the total doc has doubled (1900ko) , making it  impossible to upload it even if I used exactly the same pictures. how is it possible?Thanks in advance, Sylvie! Wink

20 Nov 2014      

Gi2gi
Georgia

You could make use of the compress pictures function in word.
In word 2007 it can be accessed by double clicking on a pic to access the picture tools. Then go to format tab and choose the compress pictures option (available on the left).  The same principle should apply to office 2010 or 2013. 

20 Nov 2014     

karagozian
France

I am also not very good at computering, just like Sylvie and understand prefectly her problem. I do know how to compress pics. But sometimes it takes me hours, days, ages and no result. I even had to start from scratch with the same pics and then suddenly, for what reason I don �t know, but it worked.  It happened to me that a simple silly picture makes you losing so much time.

Is there a way to know the size of a picture before using it to avoid this ????

I do have worksheets that I have not been able to upload for this reason and on which I spend hours trying to down-size, reconstruct, all of no avail.

20 Nov 2014     

spied-d-aignel
France

Thanks you two GI2gi and Monique for your answers. I know the size of each picture i chose, and when I made my pictionary  these pictures all added up to 880 ko or so, but it seems that if I put them in boxes , then it doubles the size of the whole doc!

Thanks anyway, cheers Sylvie!Cry

20 Nov 2014