Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > A suggestion?! (Yes, this is a rerun!)    

A suggestion?! (Yes, this is a rerun!)

Zora
Canada

A suggestion?! (Yes, this is a rerun!)

Since this is a fairly important issue at hand, and I would like as much feedback as possible - I am reposting this thread from this morning along with the link to the previous thread, so everybody can have a voice in the matter!

Also, please feel free just to say "Yay" or "Nay" to the idea, if you agree to it or not. The idea is to receive as many opinions as possible since this is a petition of sorts!  Smile

Old link, if people are interested:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=4803

A suggestion?!

I haven �t been downloading a lot of new stuff lately because I am super busy and really don �t have the time. Therefore I have just been going and directly getting stuff from users - i.e. downloading older worksheet  - and there is a wonderful amount of stuff out there...

And as I was looking at today �s downloads, I saw about ten or more worksheets that are basically the same thing and from the same user!... and this got me to thinking...

How about Victor allows us to upload only one (maybe two) worksheet per day, per user and starts rotating the older stuff in with the new stuff?

It �s a shame that these older worksheets are left behind and quite honestly, if you think about it,  people are telling us not to download stolen work BUT if we have never seen the worksheet before then how do we know it �s stolen? I think if you rotate the older work with the newer stuff, then the new members see it and are more familiar with them.

Any thoughts on this?

PS: If enough people agree to this, I will take this to Victor and see what he thinks (I don�t know if it is possible even but it�s an idea... ) -  so it would be nice to have as many responses as possible...

19 Feb 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

I would definitely say a Yay to this.

19 Feb 2009     

yunaked
Algeria

Yay! Right you are!!!

19 Feb 2009     

alesmi
Colombia

Very good idea!!

19 Feb 2009     

pirchy
Israel

I totally agree. The question is how it will be done. Approve

19 Feb 2009     

Cristiane Prates
Brazil

I entirely agree. I download "old" worksheets as well and to tell you the truth I don �t really care if I �m missing points, but the idea of being able to download 1 or 2 for free is interesting!

19 Feb 2009     

candidarp
Brazil

I believe it could work better if the amount of free downloads were not restricted to these last worksheets only - YES!
But as long as we could pick from whatever/ whoever �s worksheet we may please.

Great idea! I hope it �s possible.

19 Feb 2009     

candidarp
Brazil

On the other hand, the way it works today is precisely what makes people view your worksheets, allows newcomers like myself who are still not very good at making these wonderfully skilled colorful illustrated worksheets to win some points inorder to be able to download other people �s great work.
There are some very simple but great worksheets that would otherwise hardly be noticed because they are not so visually appealing.
Maybe we could have a certain given number of worksheets to download from these recently posted ones and another certain number  to download the older ones.

Whatever is best for everyone! I really appreciate this exchange!!!!

19 Feb 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I �m 100 per cent with you.

19 Feb 2009     

victor
Spain

Remember that one of the goals of the free downloads is to give points to the users who contribute. If we include old worksheets in the free downloads, I �m afraid that it will be too difficult for new users to get points.
Old worksheets are not forgotten forever. We can download them when we need, using our points.

19 Feb 2009     

Zora
Canada

Yes, it is true what you are saying candidarp but there has been a lot of people abusing this by uploading three or four sheet that could be one just to get points - which is not fair either... we are looking for a happy medium here that works for all of us, Smile

19 Feb 2009     

1    2    Next >