Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Ok new idea - to limit uploads or not.... that is the real question!     

Ok new idea - to limit uploads or not.... that is the real question!

Zora
Canada

Ok new idea - to limit uploads or not.... that is the real question!

Okay, let�s see if I can put my thoughts into order since some really good ideas, suggestions and ideas have been pointed out.

First of all, Liberty�s view on the matter �  people are purposely splitting up worksheets to gain points which is not fair. It�s like saying that if you want the answers you need to pay extra! Or buy the car but the wheels aren �t included! Confused

Second point: Trelly�s idea was a very GOOD reason to limit how many worksheets we upload a day. If you know that you can only upload one or two, you are going to take extra care in what you upload � make sure it�s the best it can be because you will receive more points that way.

Also, I�d like to say that the quality of some work is simply marvellous (and I am not referring to the outside look of a sheet but the contents!) but also a lot of not so great stuff is going up too to just gain points quickly since if a person puts up ten so-so worksheets, or images, or flashcards and receives 3 points for each one then he has his thirty points and no real effort has gone into it!

Furthermore, it might actually be a little bit of a deterrent to those who are uploading colouring sheets, images or flashcards on 40 different sheets and so on because it would mean that either they put up one beauty of a colouring sheet, flashcard set or they put up something useful, their choice... points or no points � that is the question!

Thirdly and a bit off topic... if old worksheets are rotated � and I was thinking it could be just one side bar off to one side of the screen .. and even if they were not free (or we get 1 free point to spend a day on old work) then people would be less apt to copy or download a worksheet that they have already seen...cause let�s face it - there are over a  150, 000 worksheets and who can remember if they have or haven�t been copied! So maybe this way, we could spot the �stolen� stuff easier, we �d be advertising old work at the same time AND if you feel like spending your points on them, you can!

19 Feb 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Aye! Aye Captain!

I think you �ve got it covered.
  More activities on one download.  (there are lots programs to help lighten the burden)
  Only one (perhaps two) uploads a day.
  Rotation of the older materials to bring them back into the limelight.

I �m with you all the way!
Hugs
Libertybelle

19 Feb 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Zora,
You have summarised comprehensively the points raised thus far and I am with you on limiting the uploads.

19 Feb 2009     

genzianella
Italy

I totally agree with you, Zora. I �ll answer to the points you raised in detail:

1) yes, I �ve noticed some people DO upload separately different pages of the same ws to gain more points and I do agre with you that this is not fair. I don �t know how we can solve the problem, though. Apart from telling people to stop doing so, I honestly don �t know what else we can do.

2) I do agree to limit the uploads to one or two per day. This will help us uploading more accurate ws, avoiding sloppiness (I have to eat humble pie on the matter, I did notice that some of my work WAS sloppy. Probably if I had taken more care and if I had had more time to proofread it, that wouldn �t have happened. My bad).

3) I agree. One point to spend on "old stuff" would be very convenient but since we have more than 150,000 ws on the database, I think it would be very difficult to spot stolen stuff anyway, free points or not free points :(

In a nutshell: I �m all for it. thanks for bringing it up!

19 Feb 2009     

gabitza
Romania

I am also into limiting the amount of uploads and recycling old ones.
Hugs from Romania.

19 Feb 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

I totally agree with you, Zora.
great idea

to to limit the amount of uploads!

Thank you for your interesting  and important suggestion!!!
Victoria

19 Feb 2009     

arkel
Ireland

I �m with everybody on this also. RosemaryThumbs Up

19 Feb 2009     

escolapia
Spain

I think that it �s a very good option to take into account.

regards from Barcelona

19 Feb 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

I �ve just read everything and I must say I can �t agree more. It is such a nuisance to read through the uploads and find out that there �s only one word or there are a lot of mistakes.  We have to aim for quality on this site. So... go for it!

19 Feb 2009     

trelly
Argentina

Great idea Linda!
I guess that rotation will also help to improve the quality of new worksheets! (As I said before, there are tons of excellent old worksheets here and it would be great everyone could see them!)

Have a nice day!

Trelly

19 Feb 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I �m afraid I was too slow... I posted my answer before I could see this one.

19 Feb 2009     

1    2    Next >