Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need help in translating from Polish into English    

I need help in translating from Polish into English

glutenfree
Poland

I need help in translating from Polish into English

Dear friends/English teachers from Poland. I need the translation for: funkcjonariusz, pkt., tkz., art.,Kkw.. The things I ´ve found so far have been: funkcjonariusz-officer, pkt.-no.,  art.-art,Kkw.-Cxc(Criminal Executive Code).  Is that correct ? Thank you so much !

26 Feb 2015      

Carolinenjnc
United States

Yes, the translation is correct. It does depend on what context is your word used in. 
Funkcjonariusz - the root word is funkcja=function, so it could be a person having a special function. If it is in police setting which I am assuming it could be, then yes, the word "officer" is appropriate. 

It could also be a clerk or an office worker. 

26 Feb 2015     

morenika1
Poland

Dear Glutenfree,

All your translations are OK. I found the following translations:

- funkcjonariusz – officer or official

- pkt. (abbreviation from the Polish word ‘punkt’) – no. = number

- art. (abbreviation form the Polish word ‘artyku�’) – Art = legal article

- k.k.w. (abbreviation from the Polish legal term ‘Kodeks Karny Wykonawczy’) – the Executive Penal Code

All the very best.

26 Feb 2015