Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Just a thought    

Just a thought

karagozian
France

Just WOW !! Yes, just amazing ! A big thank you to all of you and Peter who started this conversation. Cannot react as I have to rush off...... Everyone knows where. But everything is so true..... Never are things just WHITE or BLACK. I bless the day I discovered this site.

6 Mar 2015     

ohermann
Czech Republic

Hi Peter, I understand and agree with your comment. And I�ve read all the posted commets of this thread so far. Everybody gets the point. And I�ll also do my bit. I like this site because every time I come across a "stupid/cheeky/useless/trivial, etc." (you name it) comment or question, there is (nearly) always somebody who gives a hand. And you know what - sometimes when I read replies to such questions I become enriched too. But absolutely - every teacher and tutor should work hard and not be lazy and misuse the forum. But it is all about the experience, maturity and fairness of a teacher or tutor which we cannot judge. When two people do the same thing, it is not always the same thing.
Have a nice, relaxing weekend my friends Smile
Oto

6 Mar 2015     

Peter Hardy
Australia

My dear friends,

Thank you for all those heart warming comments. They surely helped to get a fuller perspective.  Especially the photo from Mariethe.  Reminded me of my years in Aboriginal communities where we often lacked decent resources, too. Still, I regarded that as a challenge, and often had better classes than at a regular, well-funded (high) school.

I also recognise the moments of despair. We all have those, and I am no exception. (That will put Lynne at ease :-) )
So please keep asking for help. But don �t expect others to do your job. You don �t fill in a worksheet for your students, do you? 

To reassure anyone in need of a reassurance, I tend to help wherever and whenever I can. That �s part of my being and part of being a teacher.

Last but not least a big thank you to those who downloaded and thanked me for the lesson plans (from the tutorial section). Glad to be of help.

Have a nice weekend, relax, treat yourself, and be ready on time for Monday :-)
Cheers,
Peter 

6 Mar 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you, Peter! xxx But there is one thing I just have to know: where is Karagozian having to rush off to???
Lynne 
Edit: Well, I  must admit, I was bemused recently when a chap posted saying he was looking for wss about the past continuous tense. For Heaven�s sake!  I answered that he was certainly looking in the right place 
;-))) I think Mariethe helped hi out in the end.

6 Mar 2015     

Zora
Canada

Hi Lynne!

I suspect that people who ask questions like that are probably native speakers (or not... sometimes teachers/people get thrown into teaching things they aren �t qualified for) that teach English "because it can �t be that hard to do since they speak the language!"... and actually have no idea what the tenses even are. However, if that is case, maybe they should take a few moments to research what they are actually looking for/teaching!!!

6 Mar 2015     

< Previous   1    2    3