Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Tips to Resize a Doc. Tips for new users    

Tips to Resize a Doc. Tips for new users

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Tips to Resize a Doc. Tips for new users

1: (A little unpopular but effective) When you have finished a worksheet press the print screen button and paste the copied text into the paint application. Then "cut out" your woksheet and paste it into word. You can then change the size of the pasted item without effecting the file size. Finally save the document and you will find it will be a lot smaller.

2: This is the best way for others using your worksheets. Use the image resizer found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

(in the right hand column a little bit down the page.)

By "right clicking" and selecting image resize, this ressizes the jpegs you want to insert into your document.

3: (thanks to Alien boy)
If you (heavily) edit a Word document that contains graphics Word will actually (generally) keep a lot of extra information that tracks all the changes that have gone on to make sure the correct images show up .

By copying your edited worksheet & pasting it into a new document you essentially start THAT document with a �clean sheet� so there is less stuff for Word to track changes in.

4: Finally make sure you are using jpeg images and not gifs or any of the other various other formats as they are nearly always larger. If you are using other kind of images simply click "save as.." in the file menu and change the file type to jpeg.

20 Feb 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

Here you have the link to the most popular minimizer program in this site:

20 Feb 2009     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

thanx for that.... downloading it now... :-)

20 Feb 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

I have a special tutorial about using Paint - how to reduce a 9mb picture to 16k. http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=107849#thetop

20 Feb 2009     

anatavner
Israel

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! Your tips helped me a lot. I saw the tutorial on the site , but being a bit lazy to read all those pages.....and wanting to do things fast, I used your idea with the paint and it worked. I �ve been trying to upload certain pages on but I couldn �t and others I could. Thanks again !!!!!!!

20 Feb 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

The only thing I would add though is that I hate it when text cant be changed on a document.... often I need to remove colour from behind text for the students I have and also make the text bigger.... Sometimes the quality of the text is not as clear as if it has been typed in word either.....

20 Feb 2009