Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Class book recommendation for little ones?    

Class book recommendation for little ones?

misseleonora
Argentina

Class book recommendation for little ones?

Hello Everybody,

I teach a boy who finds it really difficult to lear English language, he is 9 years old, and I �m looking for a class book that is not too challenging for him,  so he can flow and learn step by step. I need to go really slowly with him.
Which one would you recommend me?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Have a nice Saturday. 

8 Mar 2015      

redcamarocruiser
United States

Does anyone have experience with the Happy Street series published by Oxford University Press? It looks quite nice, but I have not used it and therefore cannot recommend it based on personal experience.

8 Mar 2015     

Froujamen
Tunisia

Happy Street would be a great choice. I am using it with my 9 year old learners. It �s engaging and fun. Besides it integrates all 4 skills.

8 Mar 2015     

alien boy
Japan

If you get an Oxford Teachers � Club Account (it �s free), then you can access some information & learning support documents for many OUP products.

Cheers,

AB 

9 Mar 2015     

macanolo
Spain

Get smart 1,2,3 awesome!!

9 Mar 2015     

misseleonora
Argentina

Thanks!!

9 Mar 2015     

slavchik
Russian Federation

I recommend chatterbox

9 Mar 2015     

silvanija
Lithuania

I love Happy House and Happy Street  : )

BTW, Alenka has lots of nice extra resources for Happy series here and on her site.

9 Mar 2015     

melissab
Argentina

Chatterbox is good, although it is old. I can �t get new copies here in Argentina. Another good book is Backpack. It allows you to teacher each student at his/her own pace and it is adaptable for quicker students (you just add a lot of your own activities and expand on the different speakin and projects included in the book). Chit chat is good also, but it has a comic story through the whole book that could complicate things. Maybe you could skip it.

Hope that helps you out. I am currently using  Backpack and Chit chat, and I use chatterbox constantly for activities, so let me know if I can help you out.
Where are you in Argentina?

10 Mar 2015     

misseleonora
Argentina

Thanks, Melissa! I �m in Buenos AIres. Have you got the PDF of Backpack and Chit Chat to send it to me?

13 Mar 2015     

omniya
Egypt

I used Happy House 1 and 2 and love it very much and students love it too. In my opinion it �s better than my little island .

I have chit chat 1 Pdf

13 Mar 2015