Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Question Words    

Question Words

adriennesmiles
Australia

Question Words

Hi Everyone,
Can you help me? I am trying to remember all the words we use to form questions. I have: What, who, where, are/is/am, when, will, can, why, how, which, do/does
Are there any more that I have missed?
Thank you 

8 Mar 2015      

redcamarocruiser
United States

Whose
Shall
Should
Would
Could
May
Have

In addition to the great list that mariec has provided below, I would add 
How come? and How so? to her questions using �how�.

8 Mar 2015     

mariec
Spain

This is my list: who, what,where, why, whose, when, what time, how, how often, how long, how far, how old, how tall, how high, how big, how wide, how long, how heavy, how fast, do/does, did, am/ is/ are, was/ were, will, would, have/ has, had, can, could, must, may, might, should, ought,

8 Mar 2015     

douglas
United States

and whom?

(even though I am an "anti-whom")

9 Mar 2015     

Abdallah78
Egypt

First of all, you need to categorize words used to ask questions according to the types of questions. There are 2 types of Questions:

1- yes-No questions
 For these questions, we use auxiliaries such as:
Am, Is, Are, Was, Were, Do, Does, Did, has, Have, Had, Will, Would, Shall, Should, Can, Could, May, Might, must, ought to, need (main verb)

2- Wh-Questions
For these questions, we use 

What, who, where, when, why, how, Which, whose, how many, how much, how often, how tall, how long, how high, how far, how deep,  how fast

9 Mar 2015     

Abdallah78
Egypt

First of all, you need to categorize words used to ask questions according to the types of questions. There are 2 types of Questions:

1- yes-No questions
 For these questions, we use auxiliaries such as:
Am, Is, Are, Was, Were, Do, Does, Did, has, Have, Had, Will, Would, Shall, Should, Can, Could, May, Might, must, ought to, need (main verb)

2- Wh-Questions
For these questions, we use 

What, who, where, when, why, how, Which, whose, how many, how much, how often, how tall, how long, how high, how far, how deep,  how fast

9 Mar 2015     

slavchik
Russian Federation

also, how many times 

9 Mar 2015