Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ideas for a class on the phone    

Ideas for a class on the phone

danibauer
Brazil

Ideas for a class on the phone

Hi dear colleagues!

One of my adult students suggested that we could have a class on the phone simulating a conference call.

I need some suggestions of how could I prepare something interesting that would last for an hour.

Thanks in advance!!! Have a good weekend!

Greetings from Brazil,

Daniela

20 Feb 2009      

alexcure
Poland

Hi Daniela,

How old are your students?

20 Feb 2009     

danibauer
Brazil

Hi Alex!

About 40-years-old. They �re businessmen.

Thanks for your concern!! :)

20 Feb 2009     

alexcure
Poland

I see, hehe, I did a phone conference with 18 year olds - which might be a difference.... I provided them with some vocab materials in advance, they had chosen a topic, and made special handouts with their roles, every student was to choose their role, prepare to it and we had one lesson when we tried the way it should work and the real lesson was perfect, one of the students recorded it - so the students had a lot of fun when they watched their conference later on. And, which was very important, all of them wore business cloths on that day.....

Hope you might find it useful,
Alex

20 Feb 2009     

Zora
Canada

I think BRAHIMS does exactly that in France, he teaches business people by phone! You might want to contact him and see if he can give you a few pointers! 

20 Feb 2009     

danibauer
Brazil

Thank you very much for your help, Alex and Zora!!!

Wink

20 Feb 2009