Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > a way for motivation,also enjoyable:)))    

a way for motivation,also enjoyable:)))

frenchfrog
France

I am afraid I have just set the cat among the pigeons in Pinky Makus�s post (http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=4861) but I think there is a link with Spring�s post because it is also about choosing �the best �... But the best FOR WHOM???? That is THE question. What do you think?

20 Feb 2009     

CHARMED ONE
Mexico

Hi dear nice and sharing friends,
Hope you all had a great day!!

I �d like to say something on regards of the topic.

As the majority said, I also agree on saying NO to the "worksheet of the month" (maybe because my name would never be on the list. LOLLOLLOL I know I still have a lot to learn and besides, as everybody said:  this is not a competition).

I know Spring �s  intention was never to cause anyone to feel unconfortable at all. Her intention was all about motivation. So I have no problem with that.

Now talking about Pinky �s idea, I really think it �s great. Why? Because I wasn �t here when this great site first started.  I �ve been a member since October and I really haven �t had time to take a look at old printables so, I like the idea that if someone has some extra time (which I believe very few of us does)  to go through them and recommend maybe the printables that have the most downloads or very nice ones, we could take a look at them. If we like it, we download it. If we don �t, we don �t download it.
I just downloaded 3 of the ones recommended on the message board that maybe I would �ve never seen on my own.

I don �t know what you guys think about it but, I still think the idea is great.
A big Hug to everybody and you all have a great weekend.

20 Feb 2009     

douglas
United States

I know you mean well, but I really DON �T like the idea (Spring´s WS of the month).  Competition often brings out the worst in people and I like this community the wat it is.

Douglas

10 Mar 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I love Competitions - i really get into them - as you may be able to tell from my suggestions and games - I use competition in the classroom to create an environement of fun and enjoyment. 

At the same time - i don �t really want popularity competitions - everyone is looking for something different on this site - how about we just keep thanking people when we appreciate their great work or help.  That always makes me feel great.

14 Mar 2009     

< Previous   1    2