Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Invited to moderate submissions.    

Invited to moderate submissions.

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Invited to moderate submissions.

I have been invited to moderate disputed submissions.
I have looked at the moderators � page.
There is a section called �comments �.
Is that to send a comment to the uploader, or to the site admin in support of a decision?
One reported upload has been reported as it appears to be a copy of another upload.
In the original upload the uploader states that it is an abridged version of something else already on the �net.
In cases like that, I would need help to moderate.
Is there a page for new moderators to get advice?

Thank you.

15 Apr 2015      

Zora
Canada

First, congratulations on becoming a moderator. Secondly, to moderate look under your Avatar, Points, etc. ...there is a link to the "Moderator �s Page". This is where you can do the moderating. 

15 Apr 2015     

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Zora, thank you for replying, but I was not asking where the page is.
I have already looked at it.
I was asking other questions relating to moderator decisions rather than navigating the site.

Thank you for replying though.

15 Apr 2015     

Zora
Canada

Is the comments box you refer to underneath the Reason for the ws being reported?? If so, that is just where we all comment on whether we agree or disagree with reason for the ws being reported. It �s just for us moderators. It�s not for the uploader. That person just receives a canned message - I think. 

Also, when Reporting a ws - you may have noticed a whole bunch of reasons why. Some people provide links that you can go to, others provide the book and others tell you where you can find it.  

For the abridge version ws you are referring to, I don �t see it but I would let it go as long as it �s just the text that is the same and the questions and layout are different. (Taking another �s layout is a huge source of contention.)

I hope that helps somewhat. I was in a rush and didn �t quite read your question properly. If you have questions about a ws... just use the comments section under that ws and somebody will help you along. 

15 Apr 2015     

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Zora.

Thank you very much for your reply.

That helps a lot and I understand now.

I was indeed referring to the comments box under the report w/s section of the page.

I can be a little more confident in helping to moderate submissions now.

Thank you again.

19 Apr 2015