Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > past simple    

past simple

Hidaya2014
Morocco

past simple

hi 
Any  teaching tips for the past simple 

7 May 2015      

douglas
United States

Have them talk about their weekend.

8 May 2015     

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

Practicing Past Simple , negative form, I tell my students wrong sentences about them, the sentences are usually funny, students should say the negative form, then tell me the correct sentence. For example: Alex, you fought with a crocodile yesterday. - No, I didn �t fight with a crocodile. I played football yesterday. 

8 May 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

To introduce it, ask for a volunteer. Call him to the front. Give a set of instructions. 1. Walk to the door. 2. Open it. 3. Look through it. 4. Close it. 5. Turn the lights on. 6. Turn them back off. Then ask the class - Right - who can tell me what he did? First, he... (elicit answers.) Emphasise the �t � or �d � sound. Write a couple on the board, showing +ed. Get another couple of volunteers, with different actions - add some irregulars. I ask mine to stand on the desk, then jump off it; water my plant, clean the window - a couple of fun things. 

8 May 2015     

nasreddine Sarsar
Tunisia

Cunnlife, an adherent of the TPR approach to language teacing!

8 May 2015     

lockman
Morocco

i often choose a diary or a journal -a simple one -  better in a letter or email form a visit to a tourist attraction with a set of activities involving verbs such as travel/stay/spend/stop at/have fun./swim/eat ....etc and ask my ss to fill in the blanks with those verbs .comprehension qs as step 1 
STEP 3 ELICIT FORM
STEP 4 TIME EXPRESSIONS
STEP 5 USE
good luck! 

8 May 2015     

Hidaya2014
Morocco

Thanks Lockman 

10 May 2015     

Hidaya2014
Morocco

Thanks a lot for your sharing your ideas

10 May 2015     

alvinaash
United States

If you have trouble working on your thesis writing project, then you should get the services of a thesis writing service provider. A custom thesis allows you to incorporate the skills and knowledge of freelance experts, into your thesis papers. 

4 Jul 2018