Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Teaching material of phonetics    

Teaching material of phonetics

fatima2015
Pakistan

Teaching material of phonetics

Hello every one.I am new follower of ESL so its my request to u all those who read my post download my worksheets .
I want to know the teaching material of phonetic...i am teaching young ones section could anyone tell me some attractive and useful material..
 Regards 
Fatima 

10 May 2015      

Peter Hardy
Australia

Dear Fatima,� Welcome to the club.� But ...... the first thing you should do when you join�a site like this one,�is reading the rules and instructions. After�you�ve done that, you�ll know that asking people to download your work is a big NO-NO.�This forum is to ask for help, some fun stuff, and more, but, I�ll say it again,�no advertising of any�kind.

My advise is to make some lovely worksheets (remember these are your own work, and no copyrighted or watermarked pictures!).�Get some tutorials for free in case you need help. Upload one every (other) day and before you know it you can download free from the daily(new)contributions.�
Cheers, Peter�

10 May 2015     

maoopa
China

I agree, Peter. However, it would have been much nicer to say this in a private message. Don �t you think?

10 May 2015     

yanogator
United States

Yes, maoopa, it would have been nicer, but this happens here often, so Peter was taking the opportunity to remind all new members of this important rule, and the importance of reading the rules before beginning to use the site.

Bruce

10 May 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

We need members like Peter who are prepared to point out the rules from time to time. I thought he was perfectly polite. 

10 May 2015     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Yes, I also agree with Peter.
Before new members can upload their first ws, they should confirm they have read the rules. In this case it probably hasn �t happened so Peter politely reminded the rules.  ;-)

10 May 2015     

fatima2015
Pakistan

dear all, thanks to explained important points and rules...my aim is not to break rules ... mt basic focus is on teaching material of phonics...could u help me that topic.if there is any wrong situation haf better to send me private massage.I m here for learning.... thanks alot

10 May 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Fatima, your worksheets are good and I �m going to download a couple for my beginners. Do you know that, now you have more than 30 points, you can download any or all of the new contributions every day (up to 30)? 
This is a great site and I hope you will gain as much as I have from it.  

I think there is a lot of good phonics materials on MES English.

10 May 2015     

CVTMurakami
Japan

Fatima,

I think you mean PHONEMIC AWARENESS, if it is for children.

PHONEMIC AWARENESS involves listening activities.
PHONIC AWARENESS involves listening/looking at the letter(s) activities.

This is a big difference.

For example, I can play a phonemic awareness game with 6 year olds. Raise your hand when you hear a word with the �o � sound in the middle of it.

PAT    PIT     POT.

The children should raise their hand for the last word.

Usually young children learn consonants more easily than vowels. Having names for the letters as well as sounds tends to confuse �native � English using children as well as those learning it.

11 May 2015