Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Using PC in a classroom    

Using PC in a classroom

ivush
Czech Republic

Using PC in a classroom

Dear colleagues,

Can you tell me some ideas how to use computer (or the Internet) in a classroom/teaching? I have to write an essay about it and of course I have some ideas but I am supposed to write 5 pages about this topic so I would be very grateful for your points of view. Many thanks in advance. 

18 May 2015      

Mariethe House
France

Hi dear colleague

I just googled: " how to use the computer in ESL classes" and I found quite a lot of interesting information , especially in the following link with an example of a lesson.

18 May 2015     

claudiaeusebio
Brazil

I use Jclic  activities all the time.  I guess it would be useful if you took the time to read about it.
This is the link :  http://clic.xtec.cat/en/ 
Good luck! 

18 May 2015     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi,

I use it for vocabulary practise with younger children, there are also good short stories and with the older ones we use PC to practise mainly grammar. Children also do English projects...there are many ways how to use PC for education. 

Good luck with your essay, 
Michaela

18 May 2015     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

Webquests, Google street view for sightseeing, PowerPoint for children creating presentations on various topics, etc.

18 May 2015     

SVieira
Portugal

Hi there, Ivush!
Besides all the suggestions you already have here above, there are a few more (actually, a lot more) things you can try.
See if any of this helps:
- online exercises (I like ego and englisch-hilfen - to let you compare them, I looked up exercises on the past continuous tense, just as an example -        https://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/past-progressive          and             http://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/exercises/tenses/past_progressive_statements.htm       )
- live chatting (texting) / live conversations with some other students whose mother tongue is different from yours (via Skype, if possible);
- gamification activities (I like    www.playdea.com       but it is a Brazilian platform, and I don �t know if you can have someone helping you with the Portuguese language around there; if this one doesn �t go, you can look for other free gamification platforms);
- a virtual treasure hunt (each station may be a website / a blog / a file / ..., and to access it, your students may need to crack the code, that is to say, to discover the password that gives them access to a pdf file - which is the next station itself, or where the webaddress to the next station is shown;
- a powerpoint game (a powerpoint presentation in which clicking on the correct answer leads to the next slide; clicking on an incorrect answer sends you straight to the last file where a big "No, try again!" suggests you to click on a button which sends you back to where you were, to take another try - I have a very basic example of one such game on my printables, it �s called "Meet the Clarksons", if you think it may help you visualize what I mean and how it goes);
- dictations  (using a Voki character created by you, dictating the text you need it to - students tend to like them a lot; you can access them - for free, by the way - if you register in        www.voki.com   I have registered there and I like it a lot).

Good luck with your essay!

18 May 2015     

kimchimichanga
United States

Check out Graham Stankey �s language learning with technology. It is a gold mine.

19 May 2015