Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Trivia    

Trivia

gilorit
Israel

Trivia

Hi
I need your help
I gave my students an assignment to make  Trivia games on any subject they wish.
They made wonderful games but a lot of them have many grammar mistakes and some vocabulary mistakes. I was not expecting so many mistakes.
I want to appreciate their games and I need certain criteria that will take into account the lovely layouts and original work they made and not just the language errors,
Can anyone suggest suitable rubrics for assessment?
Thank you
Orit

21 Feb 2009      

alexcure
Poland

If I were you, I �d give them 2 notes, one for the ideas and the other for the grammatical part.... but don �t be so strict as it comes to grammar in such a case... otherwise they can stop being so eager for the next time...

21 Feb 2009     

eurirod
Spain

Hi, Gilorit!
what I usually do when the main goal of an activity is that they explore something new or produce something in English in not a current way is to pay attention to their effort, originality and clear content of the message: they receive a mark for them. Later, I remark some "general mistakes" as an extra lesson, so everybody can check theirs without feeling their job hasn �t been appreciated. Peer opinion is also useful, if their classmates don �t understand what has been said or written maybe they try to improve it .
Have a nice afternoonTongue

21 Feb 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Thank you alexcure & eurirod.
Orit

21 Feb 2009