Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Fleshy nose     

Fleshy nose

mari_18cf
Brazil

Fleshy nose

What does a fleshy nose stand for?

20 Aug 2015      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I don �t think it stands for anything in particular, but you might find this article interesting...

Can anybody tell me how to make these links live? I used to be able to do that, but the icon has gone.
Thanks,
Lynne  

21 Aug 2015     

kohai
Latvia

@ Lynne
After opening Post an answer you should see these icons:

this one  (Insert Hyperlink) helps to insert live links (URLs) and give them titles if you want to, e.g., 14 types-nose-yours

21 Aug 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thanks a lot, kohai, that �s great. 

21 Aug 2015     

mari_18cf
Brazil

I read it in a book. Here follows more context:

His eyes are about an inch below where they should be on his face, almost to halfway down his cheeks. They slant downward at an extreme angle, almost like diagonal slits that someone cut into his face, and the left one is noticeably lower than the right one. They bulge outward because his eye cavities are too shallow to accommodate them. The top eyelids are always halfway closed, like he’s on the verge of sleeping. The lower eyelids sag so much they almost look like a piece of invisible string is pulling them downward: you can see the red part on the inside, like they’re almost inside out. He doesn’t have eyebrows or eyelashes. His nose is disproportionately big for his face, and kind of fleshy

Thanks in advance.

#wonder by Palacio 

21 Aug 2015     

yanogator
United States

So, Mari, I guess you meant "What does  �fleshy nose � mean?" ("Stand for" indicates that it represents something other than what it is)

The suffix -y, among other things, can mean "containing a large amount of"

The hamburgers there are greasy. (containing a large amount of grease)

A fleshy nose is a nose with a large amount of flesh, meaning it is rather thick and dense. It might look a little swollen.

Bruce 

21 Aug 2015     

SaraMariam
United States

Like this :p

21 Aug 2015     

mari_18cf
Brazil

Thanks a bunch, sorry for the mistake!

26 Aug 2015