Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Printables removed    

Printables removed

lylyrose08
France

Printables removed

I REALLY don �t understand. I have written a text myself and it has been removed for not being an esl resource. But in the rules it is said:  that home made texts are allowed. I am not happy AT ALL . All the more so than when you send mails, no "MODERATOR" answer!
here is the rule by the way:"If your worksheet is just a reading text, it will only be accepted if the text is written by you."

20 Aug 2015      

SaraMariam
United States

Hi Lylyrose, well I �m sorry that you are not happy. I �m a moderator, but I haven �t seen your worksheet, so I can �t tell you what was going on. You should know though that the moderators don �t receive any mails, so we can �t answer you directly :).
Maybe it was a simple mistake (that can happen) and not known that you wrote the text by yourself. Have you specified it in your description?

21 Aug 2015     

cukurova
Turkey

Well,I reported your worksheet Lylyrose and I read your worksheet description.You wrote that you would upload the comprehension questions  of the text next day.Why two separate worksheets-the reading text and the comprehension questions? Wouldn �t it be easier for downloaders to have both in one document? Because your worksheet was removed,I assume most of the moderators(who voted) voted for removal.Of course you can upload your worksheet once again if you think it is not fair.And if the other moderators think differently this time and vote for stay,then it will stay and you will get your points.Have a nice day,
Irem 

21 Aug 2015     

s.lefevre
Brazil

In my opinion, just a text, even written by the worksheet �s author can �t be considered a worksheet. The questions must be together with the text. If you send the questions the next day, they will be removed too because there is no text to answer them and alone they don �t make any sense. 

21 Aug 2015     

manonski (f)
Canada

Some people upload two separate sheets to rack up points. It is unfair for members especially if the sheets are uploaded on two different days. I don �t check contributions every day.  Besides, I doubt adding questions on the same document would have busted the maximum size. 

@ Lylyrose, calm down. Add the questions to the same document and reupload.  

21 Aug 2015     

alg211
Australia

I also don´t understand! I listed two worksheets and had them removed with the only explanation �this is not an ESL resource �. Yet the activities required reading instructions and writing descriptions in English. Isn �t this an essential ESL skill to have written practice and use descriptive language?Is the issue there needs to be more?

If this goes against the rules, I think there needs to be clearer instructions on the submission page because it is a literacy exercise - not a flash card, a maze or colouring page.

So far I have yet to receive a reply when I have written to eslprintables about this issue. 

2 Dec 2015