Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Watches for Time Activities    

Watches for Time Activities

cbenglish
United States

Watches for Time Activities

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I would share a new idea I had this week while teaching my young students about time. I was making clocks for them with movable hands so they could practice telling the time and one little boy said to me, "Teacher, I don �t like clocks! I like watches!" It made me start to think, and before long I was already on my computer creating and trying to see if i could make a watch the same way I designed the clocks. Sure enough it worked and it was a huge success (even with other teachers haha) If your interested you can get better directions and templates for making these in your own classes here:

The only extra things I used to make these was a pin for the watch hands and Velcro for the wrist bands. Hope this is useful for anyone else teaching students about time. I guess next my students will want a digital clock or one that �s on a smart phone.......hmmmmm....not sure if I can do that....maybe later I �ll try ^_^  Best of luck in class

21 Aug 2015      

you_per7
Algeria

You have done a marvelous job ...Thanks for sharing these creative ideas. I really liked them.

22 Aug 2015     

SaraMariam
United States

What a brilliant idea! I looove the wrist watches with the velcro!!!

22 Aug 2015     

bluedoll
Spain

Great !  Thank you very much ! 

22 Aug 2015     

Lsa59
France

Thanks a lot for sharing this great work ! I �ll definitely use your material this year !

22 Aug 2015     

pilarmham
Spain

I love this! Thank you soooooo much!!!

22 Aug 2015     

linda306de
Germany

That �s really a neat idea. Thanks!!

24 Aug 2015     

Little Miss Lady
Spain

So useful! Thanks!