Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your advice     

I need your advice

Pam_D
Chile

I need your advice

Hi,

I just graduated and I �m starting a new project teaching adults. It �s a small group of learners with no knowledge of the language. Have you ever been in a similar situation? How did you manage it? Should I follow the same steps as if I were working with kids (at their first level)?

Thanks in advance!!

23 Feb 2009      

nurja
Switzerland

Hi Pame D

Start with Headfirst, which is a coursebook especially made for adults who don �t have any knowledge of English. It starts with the basics and introduces the language step by step.

love KArin  

23 Feb 2009     

demeuter
Belgium

You follow the same steps but you use others topics. 

Karina

23 Feb 2009     

nuur
Spain

hi Pame,

I �m an english teacher for adults, here in spain we need a degree in special education for adults to teach them.
Anyway  i find easier to teach adults than children, because they are motivated, they know what they want and pay more attention. The inconvenience for me is that they have less time to study and practice. That �s why I spend a lot of time in my lessons with roleplayings, games and interactive speaking, and I try to teach the grammar easily because some of them find it difficult. I think it �s better and funniest for them to focus on the speaking.

Nuur

23 Feb 2009     

Kita19
Portugal

Hello Pame_D!

I �ve also asked the same as you are asking now a few time ago here in the forum. Check the suggestions some members gave to me, I think they are pretty useful!Smile

I wish you good luck!

Hugs from Portugal,

Kita

23 Feb 2009