Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ESL JOBS IN SOUTH FLORIDA USA    

ESL JOBS IN SOUTH FLORIDA USA

ldeloresmoore
China

ESL JOBS IN SOUTH FLORIDA USA

Hi --- 

I know this is a long-shot, but I have absolutely nothing to lose by trying ---

My hubby and I currently live and work in Bejing, China. We are from West Palm Beach, Florida. We �ve been in China for about three and a half years, and we �re starting to think about transitioning back.  I �d like to continue teaching ESL in the US, preferably in South Florida, which does have a large immigrant population, and thus potential need.  

Are any of you currently ESL teachers (paid, not volunteer) in the US? If so, can you please give me some pointers about how to go about finding such jobs? I �m sure methods and requirements will vary place to place, but I �m sure there �s also some core similarities.

Any info / feedback / suggestions will be welcomed.  We are realistic -- we know that transitioning home will be a lengthy process that could take a year or more, so we �re trying to get the ball rolling now.  

Thanks in advance for any input.

Dee 

9 Sep 2015      

bloisy
Japan

http://www.indeed.com/q-ESL-l-Miami,-FL-jobs.html

10 Sep 2015     

ldeloresmoore
China

Thank you, Bloisy!! That �s a great link. VERY helpful :-) 

10 Sep 2015     

melissab
Argentina

I used to live in South Florida (Naples). My mother was a teacher and she was constantly asking my father who was Argentinian and spoke Spanish to help out  with translating for parents of migrant  students for parent-techer meeting and such. I know that there is a big demand for ESL teachers in schools there. Hope this helps you out.

10 Sep 2015     

ldeloresmoore
China

@Melissab -- 

Small world!! My hubby lived in Argentina for a few years. His 3 sons are half Argentine. They lived in Bahia Blanca (did I spell that right?). He �s fluent, but I �m not,unfortunately.  But that �s a great thing to know! It will definitely give HIM some options when we get back. Thanks for the info! We have a house in West Palm Beach, so looking for things in that area.  

12 Sep 2015