Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > POSTCARD EXCHANGE PROJECT    

POSTCARD EXCHANGE PROJECT

Isabel L
Spain

POSTCARD EXCHANGE PROJECT

Hello everybody,
I �d like to organize a simple activity for a group of 10 14/15 year old students with not so good experiences learning English and learning in general. I �d like to get them interested in other people and other countries and make them see that they are able to achieve things, so I �d like to organize a simple exchange of postcards written by students. When a postcard arrives, we put it on a map on the wall and the students will have to find out about the country the postcard comes from. 
I �ve done similar activities before and they have been really rewarding and motivating for students. Another advantage is that this doesn �t take too much time or effort.
If you are interested in this project, please send me a private message and I �ll send you more details. Please include:
  • Your name and email address 
  • Your school name and postal address.
  • Your students � age.
  • Any ideas to improve the project. 
I �ll make a list of schools and send it to the participants on the 15th October ... if there are enough schools, of course.
Thank you all.

2 Oct 2015      

mimetomt
Bulgaria

Hi,
I �m Mitanka Todorova from Vidin, Bulgaria. I teach teenagers aged 13-15 at Vocational school Prof d-r Asen Zlatarov and I think this is a great idea. My e-mail is [email protected] and my postal code is 3700. You can also find me on Facebook -  https://www.facebook.com/mitanka.todorova
We �ll be in touch!
Hugs and kisses! 

3 Oct 2015     

Aurore
France

Why don �t you join "Postcrossing"?

3 Oct 2015     

mariajosefuster
Spain

It seems a really interesting place!!

MJ

3 Oct 2015     

Nina Rjabukha
Ukraine

Hi,

My name is Nina Riabukha and I �m from Bar in Ukraine. I really like you idea and I think that students are sure to like it too.
My e-mail is [email protected] work with 10-15 year-old students at School №2. Our address is Heroiv Maidanu Street, 13, Bar, Vinnytsia region, Ukraine, 23000.
Hope to here from you.
Best wishes.

3 Oct 2015     

Safroot
Egypt

I �m Mahmoud Helmi from Egypt I have just asked students to buy post cards and write them to an imaginary friend to train them on writing letters . Sure it will more exciting for students if they have key pals or pen friends. But I prefer that girls email girls and boys email boys because of the cultural backgrounds in Egypt.

My email is : [email protected]

Also I have a class group on www.edmodo.com I don �t know may be we can mixed groups from your and my school.

3 Oct 2015