Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > HELP FOR AN "OPEN" ENGLISH CLASS    

HELP FOR AN "OPEN" ENGLISH CLASS

BeluMilloo
Argentina

HELP FOR AN "OPEN" ENGLISH CLASS

Hi teachers!! my principal asked me to plan an open English class (6th graders- 10/11 years old). Parents would come and spend one class with their kids and I should try to make the interact during the activities...Any suggestions????

5 Oct 2015      

winy
Brazil

I �ve just did it and I did a bingo we my st and their parents together, the bingo was about animals in english.

5 Oct 2015     

Mikesilver
Brazil

Hello, BeluMilloo,

I have some suggestions for you...

1. What do you think about  game using mimes, gestures, and actions. You make a box with cards, and in this cards you write objects, colors, numbers, famous people.. I think it is fun and this close the children and parents.

2. In Brazil we have a game called "forca", hangman in english. You can do this too. 

3. What about a musical game? You can do in to ways

- A kid start  singing  a song and the parents have to complete with the next three words. 
- A kid sing  and the parents have to say the singer or the name of the song. 

4. Another idea if your prefere is a treasure hunt. They together have to find objects around. You provide the name of the object or provide clues and they have to walk around the school or the neighbour to find them.

5. A drawing game is interesting too. A kid draws and the parents have to say in english the name of the objects. You can also change, parents draw and kids say.

I hope these ideas could help you. 

Good Luck!!!!

6 Oct 2015     

Mikesilver
Brazil

Hello, BeluMilloo,

I have some suggestions for you...

1. What do you think about  game using mimes, gestures, and actions. You make a box with cards, and in this cards you write objects, colors, numbers, famous people.. I think it is fun and this close the children and parents.

2. In Brazil we have a game called "forca", hangman in english. You can do this too. 

3. What about a musical game? You can do in to ways

- A kid start  singing  a song and the parents have to complete with the next three words. 
- A kid sing  and the parents have to say the singer or the name of the song. 

4. Another idea if your prefere is a treasure hunt. They together have to find objects around. You provide the name of the object or provide clues and they have to walk around the school or the neighbour to find them.

5. A drawing game is interesting too. A kid draws and the parents have to say in english the name of the objects. You can also change, parents draw and kids say.

I hope these ideas could help you. 

Good Luck!!!!

6 Oct 2015     

lanj03
Canada

I don �t know what level are the learners in Argentina, but a very nice active and fun game i use here is Canada is the following: WIN - LOSE - DRAW

You prepare a list of 10 objects on a sheet of paper (write them big). It can be linked to a theme or not, but make sure your students know the words. You split your group in teams of 4-5 members. Each team sends you a representative with a marker. You show the first word the the representative. They then run back to their group and draw the word on a poster. The person that identifies the word takes the marker and comes back to you. They tell you the word they found. You then reveal the second word and they go back to their team and draw the second word and so on until all the words have passed. A nice and fun competitive game that anyone whatever the age loves. After, you can ask a person to bring the poster in front of the class and you make fun of the drawing skills of everyone ;) 

6 Oct 2015