Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Stop stealing worksheets    

Stop stealing worksheets

bibby
China

Stop stealing worksheets

Stealing worksheets is not fair. i would go crazy if someone stole mine. i dont how you could stop it. if you delete the account, they can just start a new account, then steal again. how about this. If a member is caught cheating, the cheaters email is made public to all honest members, who basically are then encouraged to send the word �cheat � or �thief � to the persons email everyday until the person feels bad and apologises. If they dont, their email box will be so full they wont be able to use it. After changing their email again and again they will soon stop stealing. what you think?

i know maybe there is a privacy issue in showing an email but, if all new members agree to this rule at sign up there should be no problem. or bury it so deep in the small print no one reads it. no honest person will be exposed only the bad teachers.

lets weed the bastards out.

haha am i over reacting. i feel sorry for people who had their sheets ripped off. i spend hours on mine.

24 Feb 2009      

pirchy
Israel

I totally understand your anger regarding stolen worksheets. It �s so annoying to see how most of the teachers on this site work so hard to produce wonderful work while others just won �t bother.
However, I think the measures you suggest are too harsh. I, for one, report every suspicious ws to Victor. I think its his responsibility and we should help him as much as we can by reporting.Ermm

24 Feb 2009     

Zora
Canada

While I can understand your frustrations, publishing people �s emails like that can have consequences - most likely legal ones. It does not matter if everyone here agrees to it or not - which in my case, I won �t - the Internet is already a very impersonal place and publishing people �s emails is harassment basically... because you are setting that person up to nasty bullying by others who would like to give that person a "piece" of their mind... Also, when you sign up to the site there is a clause that the owner must agree to - and that is "privacy" of personal data... which is i.e. - your email!

I think we just have to be patient, report the work if you know it �s stolen, tell its owner that the sheet has been stolen and let Victor deal with erasing it and warning the person or suspending the account... you cannot ask for more than that...

24 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Yeah, I understand your frustrations - we all do.
But exposing this person �s e-mail  is like one step from sending a HIT SQUAD!!!
We don �t have to use such drastic measures.

I, personally have sent this person a message saying that
he or she ought to be a shamed of themselves.

I mean, how dumb can a person be anyhow? The stolen worksheet
isn �t even that old - many of us remember it!

As I wrote above - I can �t imagine this person being a teacher and role model, can you?

L

24 Feb 2009     

nazlı
Turkey

Hi! my name is NAZLI. I �m from TURKEY. Nice to meet you. If you dowland my printables,
my teacher will
give high grade me.  HELP PLEASE  Tongue
  Embarrassed     
Thumbs Up

24 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

eye-sore ... Cool

24 Feb 2009