Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > An awesome vocabulary game:     

An awesome vocabulary game:

papadeli
Greece

An awesome vocabulary game:

1. Student A gets a card from the box without looking and hands it to the student  sitting next to him (Student B).
  2. Student B reads the card aloud.
  3. Student A has to give the definition of the word. If he can, he keeps the card. If he makes a mistake, he puts the card back to the box.
  4. The rest of the Ss do the same one by one.
Attention!
  • If  a student gets the �Put a sock in it� card, he is not allowed to speak and misses his turn
  • If he pulls out the �Back to Square 1� card,  he has to put all of his cards back to the box.
  • If he pulls out the �Swipe� card, he has to give the meaning of the word. If  he does it correctly, he can swipe  a card from any student he wants!

The winner is the student with the most cards!

If you find the game useful, be sure to follow me on  Facebook , English Tricks 4UPinterest or Scoopit and sign up for emails at papadeligames.wordpress.com to keep up with all the latest ideas. You might also enjoy some of my posts on my personal page on FB.

Greetings from rainy Greece,
Sophia Papadeli

24 Oct 2015      

xani
Portugal

Thank you for sharing, Sophia!
As always... a GREAT WORK!

25 Oct 2015