Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Help!!!    

Help!!!

dlecuyer
France

Help!!!

Hi Everybody, 

I would like to start a new unit about the women �s suffrage in Great Britain but I don �t know how to start!
Can anybody help me with documents, ideas...? What about the activities for my students who are studying in the high school.. 

Thanks for your answers.

Delphine 

7 Nov 2015      

Mrs.Muna
Bahrain

Hi, 
I teach intermediate  level and I don �t know how to teach kids in high school. but here is a thought .... 

1- find a video about the movement and let your students understand what you are going to talk about.
2- design question cards about the video and divide your students into groups and let them answer the questions.
3- there is a timeline for this movement, let each group study a specific part and then summarize it.
4- you can tell your students to make an assignment together and discuss it in the next class using different materials.
5- make your students explain what are the effects of this movement on our lives nowadays 

as I told you I don �t teach the ages of your student and I don �t know what suits them! I hope I helped a bit

7 Nov 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Great ideas from Mrs.Muna.

The film �Suffragette� could be useful. 
There might be useful stuff on here. I can download it and send it to you if you aren �t a member on that site.

7 Nov 2015     

Daisee
Vietnam

some more ideas 2 consider

D

7 Nov 2015     

spinney
United Kingdom

This wonderful documentary could be used with a worksheet as a kind of listening comprehension exercise followed by a debate using fixed expressions of agreement and disagreent on a related theme (sexism in the media for example).

7 Nov 2015