Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > A video grammar presentation ¹ 2 - Second Conditional (for ESL teachers)    

A video grammar presentation ¹ 2 - Second Conditional (for ESL teachers)

EmpireOfEnglish
Russian Federation

A video grammar presentation ¹ 2 - Second Conditional (for ESL teachers)

Hello colleagues,

Upon request of one of our colleagues, there is one more grammar presentation of Second Conditional + exercise.
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LHHLAXTxVs

Hope you will find it useful.
Take care! 

Empire of English 

22 Nov 2015      

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Hi Empire of English!

Another great video and wonderful drawings. I wish I could draw like that. I tried to draw a deer the other day and my students asked, ´What is that ball of string behind the fence? ´

One thing, I wonder how old your students are? That example about "I would buy expensive clothes". That might be an opportunity to challenge some gender stereotypes, don ´t you think? I ´d love to see teachers writing "I would train as an astronaut".

Two other (music) videos which are useful for teaching 2ndC:

You can guess which one my students prefer! :-))

Tap

22 Nov 2015     

EmpireOfEnglish
Russian Federation

Tapioca, hello :)

I teach adult people and they really don ´t care about all this gender stuff :) One woman is even 60 years old :)
But this is just an example of what you can say, but you can choose other sentences for your students :) it ´s all up to you - you can alter this grammar presentation according to your needs - you just take the idea and use it in the way which is most appropriate for your students :) 

And thank you very much for the link provided! 

Well I suppose your students like most the quick version, don ´t they? :) 

Take care :)

Empire of English 

22 Nov 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

They do like the quick version! :-) It ´s a catchy tune, and it helps to be able to see the words of the song. I am glad you like them.

About your students - they may not care about this gender stuff now, because that ´s how they have been educated. We should respect their interests of course, but don ´t you think we should treat all our students equally?

Tap

22 Nov 2015     

EmpireOfEnglish
Russian Federation

I am a private English Teacher :) so I teach English one-to-one. I used to teach groups some time ago and of course I had different ways of explaining materials. And at CELTA course I was quite "modest" at choosing the topics and examples :)

22 Nov 2015