Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > question    

question

Snow- white
Macedonia

question

Hi!Today I have two questions.
When you download a worksheet from this site for your lessons,do you notify the source or do you present it as your own?I present myself as a member of ESL teacher �s association and I always write down the source of my worksheets(created by:member of ESL).I live in a small country and we are looking forward to become a member of EU so we are constantly trying to involve some things from the western world in our educational system,social issues....and I �m glad that I �m familiar(Thanks to all of you worldwide)with so many  new things(remember my portfolio?).Should I continue doing this or shall I present your work as my own????/
Second question What can you tell me about St.Patrick �s Day?Shall I do a lesson about it(intro for different cultures) or no?Is it an international holiday or not?Thank you for you time

27 Feb 2009      

Jayho
Australia

Hi Snow White

I always reference and date  my source - I write Source, copy and paste the web site and then add the download date.  In Australia we are supposed to do that for copyright purposes (but not everyone does). The print cell in my teaching institution refuses to print mutiple copies for teachers unless each page is marked accordingly.  If we have adapted it then we have to write �adapted from �.

e.g.

You should check out the copyright requirements in your country to ensure that you are following legal requirements and protecting your institution/teachers from legal action.

On a merrier note, we celebrate St Patricks day with a drink at the Irish pub and lots of Irish jokes. It is not a public holiday but we do love this day.

Cheers

Jayho

27 Feb 2009     

Snow- white
Macedonia

Thanks for your answers in my pm.Also thanks for the ideas and info  about St.Patrick �s Day.

27 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I agree - always give credit where credit is due!
I would never take credit for something I didn �t make.

A singer who sings a Beatle �s song doesn �t become the composer/lyricist just because they sing the song. Hopefully most would say, "and now I �d like to sing a Lennon/McCartney song called Yesterday.!

Hope this clarifies the situation.
L

27 Feb 2009     

puspita
Indonesia

Libertybelle, I love your answer! Thumbs Up
You too, Jayho.

27 Feb 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Actually, I always tell my students where the WS came from.  I say that it was made by a teacher in Argentina etc.  If it is a country where one of my students come from they usually brim from cheek to cheek.

27 Feb 2009