Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > To prove a point!    

To prove a point!

libertybelle
United States

To prove a point!

Friends, neighbors, teachers and countrymen!

There have been so many people writing about the problems of reducing the size of their worksheets and even more uploading one sheet at a time, sometimes uploading the solution to the worksheets on a page of its own.

I even saw one WS with a black and white coloring picture and the second half on a sheet by itself because of it "being too big"!!!Disapprove

A good worksheet does just that - keeps the students busy with work.

Mpoth uploaded a worksheet that was 6 pages long yesterday.
It was filled with information and lots of activities. It had images and boxes and bells and whistles - the whole works - and it was all on ONE DOWNLOAD.
So I �m wondering what the problem is here with 5 worksheets being uploaded as 5 pages, separately.  Is this a point issue? I sure hope not!!

Just to prove my point -
Take a look here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=186899#thetop

Come on people  we �re here to share!
L
ps - have a nice weekend.Heart

27 Feb 2009      

frenchfrog
France

Yes! Yes! Yes! Clap

27 Feb 2009     

eng789
Israel

Thanks frenchfrog,  I can �t animated frogwait  to tell them on Sunday.

27 Feb 2009     

jamiejules
France

I totally agree with you! Some of us spend a lot of time reducing the size of our ws to be able to upload several pages in one go! Some just don �t seem to put the effort in and it is a real shame. As you said we all here to share resources...
This site is not about competition and the most number of points!! I don �t think anyone with more than 500 points will use them all.
Have a nice day.

27 Feb 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

jamiejules
I have so far  used 610 points, and believe me  I rather try to use my daily  30 free dowloads

27 Feb 2009     

dennismychina
China

Hi All,

Hopefully it�s out of ignorance rather than greed. And then of cause there is the human factor. We are / were taught in geography, that rivers take the easiest route to the sea. Well I think they probably learned that from us humans.

Most people couldn�t be bothered to do it the correct / accepted way. If all else fails read the instructions.

27 Feb 2009     

jamiejules
France

BRAHIMS You are greedy!!!!LOL

27 Feb 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

Yes I am... In real life too

27 Feb 2009     

jamiejules
France

Aren �t we all? Big smile

27 Feb 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Another member who manages to fit in pages and pages (sometimes 10+) of great quality work with fantastic grammar explanations and activities is Allakoalla

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp?user=115971#thetop

I have to say I really appreciate a well thought out worksheet with great explanations and activities... it makes me really think about what I am teaching, and to think about how to approach different grammar points  rather than how I used to teach in a native classroom. As a new ESL teacher I have learned so much myself from reading through the various worksheets. My teaching and understanding has been taken to a whole new level due to the awesome contributions of many members here. Tongue

27 Feb 2009