Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Using the Guitar in the Classroom    

Using the Guitar in the Classroom

PaulG
Costa Rica

Btw, threatening does seem like a good idea. ;)

7 Feb 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

PaulG, I will ignore the idiots. I think your answer shows great aplomb and I �m sorry I didn �t have any positive suggestions for you on this one. 

7 Feb 2016     

spinney
United Kingdom

I have a suggestion for his guitar but it �s likely to make his eyes water. 

7 Feb 2016     

PaulG
Costa Rica

Thank you, you are cool, and you helped out on another post of mine. Spinney, what a douche... I bet your mother must be proud to have raised a douche like you.

7 Feb 2016     

alien boy
Japan

Hey Paul,

if you don �t want positive and helpful responses, like Ana �s, to vague questions, perhaps you should be a little more specific when you ask for ideas.

Rather than asking " I would love to be able to use my guitar in the classroom in a way that it can help my students learn better. Any ideas?"
perhaps you should write
"Apart from teaching & learning English songs I would love to be able to use my guitar in the classroom in a way that can help my students learn better. Does anyone have any ideas?"

Speaking of douchebags, you shouldn �t be so condescending to replies that you receive.

Now, here �s an idea:
Play the students some thematic music. Have them write a response to it. From their responses the class can develop a story. From the story they could develop a script. Have them make storyboards from their script. Then film it using your original music as the soundtrack.

Keep in mind that your students may also play instruments, so maybe some of them may want to contribute music for inspiration & soundtrack too. 

Cheers,
AB 

7 Feb 2016     

timmo
Japan

I will agree before lashing out and calling someone not of use you should put more details on what you are asking for. People don`t have to give any advise much less comment on your post. Class act to call people douche seems someone is a bigger douche for doing so.

Now what I do is play various tunes in a activity of name that tune, song or musician. Helps if it something most would be familiar with or known.  

7 Feb 2016     

Apodo
Australia

I can �t believe anyone would be so rude to a colleague who was trying to be helpful.
I think ana.ap deserves an apology. 

And the name calling was a bit off in my book.

8 Feb 2016     

spinney
United Kingdom

Well, for my part, I �m hurt 

8 Feb 2016     

alien boy
Japan

Looks like his guitar is making your eyes water instead, spinney. I suggest you remove it, forthwith!

8 Feb 2016     

sarguero
Spain

Guitar Hero ......... no doubt    

8 Feb 2016     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >