Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > How to start a lesson after being away for two months    

How to start a lesson after being away for two months

LittleSunshine11
Germany

How to start a lesson after being away for two months

Hi all

I �ve been sick for two months and my classes didn �t have any substitute teachers. Now I �m better and will resume classes.
I was wondering if you have any ideas about activities I could do with my classes after this long break.

All of my classes are adult learners, upper-intermediate to advanced, business and conversation classes.

Thanks so much and have a great day!

2 Mar 2016      

georginasantanna
Portugal

Hi!

I �ve been in your situation before but my students had a substitute teacher, so I didn �t have to start from scratch.
I would probably try to do a re-introduction activity with them, maybe by asking them to choose a few adjectives to describe themselves and then they would have to say whether they agreed with their classmates description.
I would do a short round-up with all the classes, too, in order to see what they may or may not have forgotten and I would move on from there.
These are really basic activities, which normally work well but let us see what other teachers have to say.
I �m glad you �re feeling better now, that �s the most important thing.

Have a nice day!
Georgina 

2 Mar 2016