Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > I need some help!    

I need some help!

AnasaMe
Romania

I need some help!

Hello, everybody! I am involved in a literacy course. I had to make a lesson plan on teaching was/were to my fifth grade students.
Now I have to draw/ to summarize this lesson plan/ ......on a flipchart, as a poster or something like that. It has to look like a poster. The other English colleagues have to understand my lesson plan from the poster, without reading my written lesson plan. I am confused, I have no ideas how to do that!
Any ideas???
Thank you! 

10 Mar 2016      

SVieira
Portugal

Have you considered drawing something similar to a train route in which each train station�stands for / shows one of the activities you did / had your ss do?�Instead of drawing a straight line, you can have the route going up and down the poster (going pass the mountain - "TextReading Mountain" - bu stopping only at "Grammar Checking Station", for instance).
Or you can try to present your plan as a poster for a very silly concert, in which each lesson stage is shown in a star (where the�photo of the singer/band should be) and is named and/or described just below it (as though it were a very short presentation of the singer/band). If you choose to go this way, you may show the time sequence using real time:
e.g. - 9 o �clock - opening hours, with "Vocabulary Eliciting Band"; 9:10 - "The Fill Me Inners" (The hottest performance in gap-filling); 9:25 - "Texting...!" (this could be a text reading exercise) 9:45 - The amazing "Grammar Checkers Quartet!" (a grammar exercise).
It will probably be�be easier to give you some specific ideas if you could describe the lesson plan you did.
Sandra�

10 Mar 2016     

AnasaMe
Romania

Thank you very much! Really great ideas! I will try to do the silly concert. I hope my drawing "skills" help me! Thanks again for helping me! 

10 Mar 2016     

SVieira
Portugal

Or if you like the show business perspective, you can go a bit further and try to create a poster of a talent show (something similar to "Romania �s got talent", for instance - does the show exist there? It doesn �t here). It might grant you some more freedom to present your ideas, as each "performance" (aka, each activity / lesson stage) can be different from the previous or from the following, and there os always a continuum (the class theme / the fact that it os always the same talent show). Or if you feel like daring ecen a bit further, you can try to present your lesson as a circus performance (this might be risky): starring with the Talking Birds (who just keep repeating what they hear), next to which would come the clowns (text reading), taming the wild animals (the lion Were and the lioness Was) and then the performance of the magician (whi performs the amazing stunt of making words appear and disappear - this would be the practice exercises using was/were). Good luck for your poster! Sandra

11 Mar 2016     

AnasaMe
Romania

Thank you very much! I did my poster as a concert. yesterday I presented it! It was great and my other English fellows liked it as well! You had really great helping ideas! Thanks a looooot!

12 Mar 2016