Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare’s death - great short films    

400th anniversary of William Shakespeare’s death - great short films

morenika1
Poland

400th anniversary of William Shakespeare’s death - great short films

Dear Teachers,

You probably heard that this year we commemorate 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare’s death (April 23rd). This special anniversary year is a good opportunity to visit a wonderful website called Learn English Teens: http://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/uk-now/literature-uk

There are five videos (Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Much Ado About Nothing, The Tempest) illustrating the most important Shakespeare’s plays in a short and accessible form. For each of the available films there are attached additional online exercises. Each film lasts 4 – 6 minutes. Enjoy!

All the very best.

2 Apr 2016      

oxXSABXxo
Germany

Thanks for the link and the info my dear!
Here are two other ressources you should have a look at:
Sparknotes Romeo and Juliet
In love with Shakespeare
Have a nice day!
Abigail Kohnlein.

2 Apr 2016     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Great links, thank you!

I have been enjoying these �Shakespeare Solos � (links below) from The Guardian website. Some of them are really spell-binding!

Leading actors perform key Shakespeare speeches in a set of videos that capture the romance, tragedy, villainy and magic of his plays.

You can also watch them all on this YouTube playlist.

I think Camille O’Sullivan and David Threlfall might be my favourites. I think I �m going off to learn the Prospero soliloquy now. :-)

Tap

5 Apr 2016     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

Great links, thank you!

I have been enjoying these �Shakespeare Solos � (links below) from The Guardian website. Some of them are really spell-binding!

Leading actors perform key Shakespeare speeches in a set of videos that capture the romance, tragedy, villainy and magic of his plays.

You can also watch them all on this YouTube playlist.

I think Camille O’Sullivan and David Threlfall might be my favourites. I think I �m going off to learn the Prospero soliloquy now. :-)

Tap

6 Apr 2016