Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Outdoor activities    

Outdoor activities

andiks
Czech Republic

Outdoor activities

My students asked me to go outside next English lesson. We are allowed to go to our school playground, the students are 18 yeras old. Could you help me with any ideas what we can do? Games, activities? I have only tried a scavanger game. Thank you ;)

8 May 2016      

georginasantanna
Portugal

Hi!
You can have your students in a circle, the first student says a sentence and the second student says that sentence and adds one of his/her own and this goes on and on until the last student has to say all the sentences.
I �ve done this before both as a student and as a teacher and it is great fun because they always end up making mistakes. 

8 May 2016     

leaponover
United States

Charades is always a fun thing.  Separate them into two teams. One person comes up and grabs a card with some kind of action on it such as:

Riding a bike
Skiing
Making a snowman

They try to act it out and their team has to guess what it is.  Just make sure there is no talking from the actors, especially in their native tongue.  When I play with teams I will have the action on there as well as how many people to act it out.  Some of them involve more than one person.

For instance a card might read:

Playing baseball
3 people

or

Horseback riding
2 people

Good luck. 

8 May 2016     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

9 May 2016