Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Can anyone help with translation     

Can anyone help with translation

Mariethe House
France

Can anyone help with translation

Dear friends,

I need some help with translating this passage that comes from an English friend of mine �s blog.
Here it is:

I �ll fill in on all the trauma surrounding my ongoing cancer treatment another time: for the moment it �s nice to concentrate on less complicated things!

This friend was treated for cancer 2 years ago . She seemed to be perfectly alright again and now I found this in the blog she writes ( to which I have subscribed which again means that it is a recent post!)
My question is: does it mean that cancer has started again? I don �t want to make any sort of stupid blunder when I see her or write to her.
If it is cancer again I am really submerged by the bad news...

Thank you for helping me.

Mariethé

15 May 2016      

georginasantanna
Portugal

Dear Mariethé,

The word "ongoing" suggests that she is still doing treatment for cancer but for the moment she does not want to talk about it and wants to talk about other things.
I am deeply sorry for your friend, Mariethé, and can only hope that she may overcome her cancer.

Georgina 

15 May 2016     

Mariethe House
France

Thank you Georgina and Mary...

I was just hoping I had not understood !!! 

16 May 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Mariethe. Oh the poor soul. I hope she will be OK. Very tough times.
Lynne  

16 May 2016