Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Appropriate Farewell to University-Age IEP Students    

Appropriate Farewell to University-Age IEP Students

SpillZone
United States

Appropriate Farewell to University-Age IEP Students

Hello,

I �ve been teaching a group of about 13 students, age 18 to 27, from various countries. We met for 7 weeks, Monday to Friday for two hours of listening and speaking.  They were not the easiest group to teach, but I enjoyed getting to know them and will still miss them now that the course is done.  Our last class finished on a rather odd note.  I was hoping to use a song to kind of wrap up the course, but it wouldn �t play.  Also, I didn �t get to make a "farewell speech" like I �d wanted and planned to do.

So, my question is, what do you think would be appropriate to do: send a personal e-mail to each student, give them each a hand-written card at the end-of-session reception, or send a link to a website where I post an MP3 recording of my concluding remarks?  I hope these ideas don �t sound too bizarre.  I �m just looking for some feedback or other ideas.

2 Mar 2009      

zailda
Brazil

I think if you give them each a hand-written card it will be more personal and they �ll enjoy and remember forever. But later if you send an email with the link of the song, it �ll be a great and enjoyable surprise!

2 Mar 2009     

worldangel
Singapore

You can send them a card with your well wishes and to wish them all the best in their future endeavors. I did that with my students last time and they loved it...some even reciprocated by sending me gifts after I gave them the cards :)

Students can be so sweet at times and yet annoying at others (when they don �t hand in assignments, etc) :P

2 Mar 2009